Rules and Policies
Camper & Parent Guidelines for Acceptance:
1. Misconduct, such as swearing, fighting, disrespect for others, and the use of drugs, alcohol or tobacco will not be tolerated. Such behavior may result in notification of parents or guardians and the dismissal of the camper.
2. Physical displays of affection between girls and boys are inappropriate and may result in dismissal of the camper.
3. Fireworks or any kind of fire lighting device, weapons, or knives are not allowed.
4. To honor WKYC’s “unplugged” policy and allow campers to truly disconnect, WKYC has enacted the following rules: radios, tapes, CDs, DVDs, MP3 players, televisions, computers, video games, cell phones, pagers, and other electronic devices are not allowed. WKYC is not responsible for any lost, damaged, or stolen items. Campers are not allowed to call home unless it is an emergency, in which case a director’s phone or camp landline will be made available.
5. Clothing should be modest. Short shorts, see-through tops, and garments that are skin-tight or expose the torso are not to be worn. WKYC is a t-shirt camp. Girls will not be allowed to wear tank tops or shirts with spaghetti straps. Shorts must follow the fingertip rule for a modest length, and have no writing on the backside/bottom.
6. Do not write on or deface camp property.
7. All medication must be turned in at registration, per KY state law.
8. Cabin areas are off-limits to the opposite sex.
9. Campers are expected to attend all activities.
10. Campers are not permitted to drive any vehicle on camp grounds. Personal vehicles will be parked, locked, and keys will be turned into the director.
11. Campers may not leave the campground without the director’s permission.
12. Pool use is by permission only and with proper supervision.
13. All accidents are to be reported to the camp nurse or director.
14. To minimize health hazards, wearing shoes is required (and mandatory for all sports).
Western Kentucky Youth Camp does NOT carry any medical (health) insurance on campers. It is necessary for PARENTS to assume responsibility for the applicant. Below is a legal agreement for these purposes, which you must read and sign prior to enrolling your camper.
In consideration of the acceptance of the herein-named applicant, we the undersigned parent or guardian, as the case may be, covenant and agree with Western Kentucky Youth Camp, that we will at all times hereafter indemnify, keep indemnified, and save harmless the demands, cost, damages, and expenses, which may be brought against or claimed from Western Kentucky Youth Camp, or which it may pay, sustain, or incur as a result of illness, accident, or misadventure to the herein named applicant, during the period that said applicant is a participant in the Western Kentucky Youth Camp.
In the event that the said applicant becomes seriously ill or is taken injured while a camper at Western Kentucky Youth Camp the director has our (my) permission to take said applicant to any hospital, emergency room, or physicians of ce, and I further authorize any qualified physician to administer required emergency treatment or surgery. With my permission given to any hospital or doctor to treat said applicant with whatever treatment necessary, I also agree to assume responsibility for any expenses involved in these emergency procedures.
In registering for any Western Kentucky Youth Camp (WKYC) session or by entering WKYC property at any point, I hereby release WKYC, its agents, and its employees the irrevocable and unrestricted right to use, reproduce, and/or publish photographs and/or video that may pertain to me (or my child/ward, having not attained the age of 18) - including my (or my child/ward) image, likeness and/or voice without compensation. I understand that this material may be used for any lawful purposes including publication, promotion, illustration, advertising, trade, or historical archive in any manner or in any medium. I hereby release WKYC and its legal representatives from liability for any violation or claims relating to said images or video. Furthermore, I grant permission to use the statements of my child/ward, myself, or family members given during an interview or evaluation with or without my name for the purpose of advertising and publicity without restriction to time limit or geographic area. I hereby release all claims against any person or organization utilizing this material.
Should a parent or guardian wish for an image or statement to not be used by WKYC, please contact WKYC at firstname.lastname@example.org.